A Scott's Journey

The random mumblings of a Scott as he travels through life's wicked turns and twists.

Name:
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, United States

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tired but still going



Nights are a bit longer then they ever have been but every time you hold him it makes it worth it. I am told that it can get old but still worth it. Hard for me to believe that I would ever be tired of smelling his head or holding him. I don't look forward to going back to work on Monday but duties do call and there is a lot of work to be caught up on. It does motivate me in a big way though thinking about him and knowing what he is going to need and what I need to do to accomplish that. It won't happen over night but I'll just keep plugging away and praying that God provides for the family because without Him we are in for a long haul! We seem to be getting good sleep in 4 hour spurts now which is nice. Its so nice to not be in the hospital and woken up ever other hour for some sort of assessment.
The puppies have been accepting so far of Elijah without any issues. Bo seems to have the most amount of curiosity. He follows us around with him and sits and watches him feed. It is rather amusing to observe his actions. Sunny gives him a kiss or two but otherwise really doesn't pay him much heed.
LaVonne is in town (Chenoah's step mom) and helping take care of us till Tuesday. Its nice having the company to get us through the first couple of weeks as we adjust and have chores to do and try to establish a routine.
Elijah's cord fell off today so the beginning of his bellybutton can be seen. We think he will have an inny. I never thought I would be so excited about poop. But we are always checking and looking and happy to see Elijah poop.
More to come....
Cheers
Jay

3 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Adorable baby boy! Congratulations Chenoah and Jay.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Love it love it love it. We'll all never email each other, just write notes on blogs! My girls are the same way. Cute baby, I must say. I knew Chenoah was gorgeous....so that helps:) Say a prayer for us as well. Miss you! Smooches

5:55 PM  
Blogger CV said...

Beautiful baby boy! Congrats to you both! :)

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home